Thursday, May 13, 2010

Royal Heraldry Society Dinner

 On May 1st I was invited to a Royal Heraldry Society black-tie dinner. I was fighting off a case of food poisoning, and nervous to boot. There are a whole range of lighting factors I knew my little camera couldn't handle, but I was determined to do my best.
The evening was held at Hart House at the U of T campus. It is a lovely building, great background, but very little light. The Heraldry Society was presenting a donation to Hart House towards the restoration of the coat of arms in the great hall. Everyone was so lovely to me, and many had seen my work, mostly from the AEMMA Spring Pas D'Armes, thanks to my friend David Cvet. It was quite a thrill being complimented. The personal highlight was when Lord Robbie Sprules said he had visited my blog and liked my work. I thought no one was reading this, since my only follower is my loyal and sweet boyfriend, lol. It goes to show that you never know who is seeing you work once you put it out there in Internet land.
After all that talking up from David, I hope my shots don't disappoint. It did really emphasise how badly I need to upgrade my equipment, but that's another blog post. I did feel I could have done much better though.  Nonetheless, Here are some shots of the evening.


















1 comment:

  1. YOU are SO on your way, this is totally the right path for you. Always knew it, keep snapping, I am your number one fan, well next to your sweetie.
    xoxo Roxi

    ReplyDelete