Sunday, May 2, 2010

Spring Babies

On Tuesday I had the pleasure of meeting the Lims, and photographing their beautiful family. They graciously invited me to their home, and there were 8 family members present, from all generations. Photographing babies and children is a whole new ballgame, and presents it's own set of unique challenges. I learned so much from this shoot! I realize how I need to take a breath, center myself and learn how to direct my subjects better.
Shooting indoors without a proper studio has it's challenges as well, and I felt the second we went outside was when the photos became more alive. It also really hit home for me to see how important what I do actually  is. For many clients, this is a once in a lifetime investment. The photos they are given will be cherished for a lifetime, perhaps even through generations. That is so special, and part of why I feel so blessed to do what I do. Being privy to these inimate moments, and transforming them into meanigful, enduring images drives my passion for photography.
 Here are a few shots from Tuesday.










No comments:

Post a Comment