Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Adventures with Gabby

My most recent shoot was with the lovely Gabby. She is a great friend and a natural model. She becomes a veritable chameleon in front of the lens, able to transform into a myriad of characters. I had the inspiration for the shoot the day before, as Beau and I walked through the ravine. We are still leering on the precipice of spring in Toronto, and the starkness of the landscape was inspiring. I thought it made a great contrast to the high fashion look we were going for.  I had Gabby climbing up trees, and rocks, she's such a great sport! We had to be careful too, as she could not get any scratches and cuts on her face or hands. She's applying for a passport which requires 3 D imaging of said parts, and here we are, crashing through the bushes, lol. One of the hardest things was deciding on the post processing, to get just the right tones and atmosphere. I ended up with several versions of some shots, trying to decide which I love best of all. It's very difficult to develop a good editing eye- to pick the good from the bad, and finding the pictures within pictures. Knowing when to crop, and when you are being overly self critical. It is an ultimatley rewarding process though.
Here are some favorites, I hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment